Monday

Cookies, Threats for My PC

Thanks to my internet security, Trend Micro for deleting the 6 cookies which are considered as threats for my computer. This is the advantage of having an internet security in your PC. I was trying to find online what is Cookie Pointroll which is first on the list that was deleted. Here is the explanation below

"Pointroll cookies store information about a PC user's interaction with a specific website. Standard Cookies are not inherently dangerous, but they can be misused and exploited and may allow a distinct and apparently unrelated website to access the same information. If more than one website can access a cookie that has been placed on the user's PC, that cookie poses a security and privacy risk. Tracking cookies can allow vendors to analyze browsing behaviour for marketing purposes."

source: http://paretologic.com/resources/definitions.aspx?remove=pointroll%20cookie

Below is the screen shot I made as my internet security pop-up on my screen.


feel free to click this image to make it bigger.

Digg!

No comments: